Thursday, October 19, 2017
Caledon Estate Banquet Venue
This annual celebration of business excellence allows the Chamber’s business network to pay tribute to organizations in Caledon who demonstrate excellence in business performance, community involvement, leadership, social responsibility and innovation.
Nomination submission will be available in May.
Here are the categories:
CONSUMERS CHOICE AWARD
Recognizes a Caledon business in 1 of 3 categories:
RETAIL ~ SERVICE ~ DINING
Businesses are nominated by Caledon consumers. The nominees will be posted on the Chamber of Commerce website, www.caledonchamber.com, and chosen by a public voting process.
• Outstanding Service
• Business Excellence
This award recognizes a Caledon business that is committed to positive social and environmental impacts while creating a positive economic impact.
• A for profit business (under 150 employees, located within the Town of Caledon
• At a minimum the business should be recycling. Nominees may also be investigating ways to reduce or reuse any waste output
• Nominees should have implemented or be investigating energy efficiencies or conservation measures
• Nominees should contribute in-kind or financial resources to community groups or local charities
COMMUNITY SENSIBILITY AWARD
Recognizes a Caledon business that has established a culture of impacting the Caledon community by their contributions to it.
• Significant and influential community involvement
BUSINESS OF THE YEAR AWARD
Recognizes a local business that has demonstrated a continued passion for excellence and promotes the advancement of responsible business leadership and harmony within the community.
• A leader in their field of expertise
• Business Growth
• Increased employment and sound employee relations
• Excellence in customer service
• Innovation/research & development of technology advances
• Environmental responsibility
• Community and charitable involvement
• Use of local resources
NEW BUSINESS/ENTREPRENEUR/START-UP AWARD
Recognizes a NEW Caledon business, entrepreneur or startup that has demonstrated excellence in their business endeavors and shows understanding of the critical role private enterprise and entrepreneurship play in a strong local economy.
• Leadership and entrepreneurship
• Business growth
• Productivity improvements
• Product innovation
TECHNOLOGY & INNOVATION
Recognizes technological breakthroughs in such areas as medicine, software, the internet, wireless and consumer electronics. Innovations can be in the form of new products, patents, inventions or services and break with conventional processes and go beyond marginal improvements in existing products and services.
• Leadership and Entrepreneurship
• Sales Growth
• Productivity and quality improvements
• Product innovation and technology
• Safety and Security